I can’t believe how quickly this year has gone! With the festive season almost upon us, I thought it was the perfect time for round two of the selfish swap. The first round was so much fun I was dying to do it again. No idea what I’m talking about? You can read all about the Selfish Swap here.
This time it’s a bit festive. But as always, you make the rules, so there’s no need to make yourself something Christmassy (I’m sure that’s a word) if you’re not into it or don’t celebrate it. Make yourself anything you’ve been wishing for all year. You’re awesome. You deserve it!
So what do you have to do?
– Think about the swaps you’ve been in, or the ones you’ve stalked and what you’d love to make for yourself.
– Sign up with the form below. That way it’ll feel a bit more real.
– Post an inspiration board or plan of what you want to make to Instagram with the hashtag #selfishswap. Don’t want to post an inpiration pic? No worries, I won’t hold it against you, I’m just being a sticky beak. I love to see what everyone else is making.
– The only real rule for the swap is that if you do post an inspiration picture, please credit the source or maker if you can.
– I’d love to see progress pics too.
– If you want to sign up more than once, that’s fine!
– Try to make your selfish swap by 24th December and post all pics with the hashtag #selfishswap. Wrap it up and put it under the tree. You can even post it to yourself if you want, but remember that the post is pretty slow around Christmas. Can’t wait to see what you make for yourself!!
I know this swap is not really a swap at all. It’s just a bit of fun and a bit of an excuse to give yourself a deadline to make something for yourself…because you deserve it!!
There are no swap mamas or swap angels cos let’s be honest here, if you decide you can’t be bothered or life just gets in the way you’re not letting down anyone but yourself. But if you don’t make your selfish swap Santa will put you on the naughty list and no one wants a lump of coal for Christmas…unless it’s been under high pressure inside the Earth’s mantle for billions of years and is now a fabulous sparkly diamond! Ummm, I think I got a bit side tracked…Happy Selfish Swapping!