Today I am excited to announce that together with Rachel and Sarah, we will be hosting a QuiltAlong, called Learn to QuiltLikeABoss. Many of you have said you’d love to learn how to quilt, but don’t know where to start. Since the three of us love quilting, we are going to show you how!
Like any new craft, quilting can seem overwhelming – but compared to making a dress, you’ll be amazed how easy it can be (you’re sewing in 2D rather than 3D afterall). The hardest part is getting over the fear of starting. But in the wise words of Dr Seuss, Congratulations! Today is your Day!
Over the next 5 months, with around 2-3 posts each week, we will be posting inspiration and information to guide you through all the decisions required in making your dream quilt. The series is aimed at people who can already sew, but have not made a quilt before. The series will focus on introducing you some of the vast quantity of information available online to quilters, and providing information to help you decide which information is best for you.
During this time, we will be making quilts of our own, and would love you to join us. The QuiltAlong will comprise the following 6 phases (and approximate dates):
- Introduction (now until late-Jan): Introduction to Quilting, what it is, why it’s awesome and what you can use quilts for.
- Choosing/Designing your Quilt (3 weeks – late-Jan until mid-Feb): Inspiration for quilt designs and tips for choosing designs and fabrics for your quilt.
- Patchwork – Making the Quilt Top (5 weeks – mid-Feb to mid-March): We will take you through how to successfully piece your quilt top, covering a variety of designs and methods.
- Quilting – Making it into a quilt (2 weeks – mid- to late-March): The why and how of the actual quilting.
- Finishing it off (2 weeks – early- to mid-April): We will finish off our quilts; binding the edges and adding a label.
- Round-up (late-April to late-May): Time to gawk at the finished quilt. We will share ours and you can link up to yours too. A round up post of all the quilt-along quilts will go live on 27th May.
You can visit the #QuiltLikeABoss page at any time to find links to all the posts in the series.
If you are joining in, grab a button (please save and re-upload the image yourself):
So, will you be joining in with our QuiltAlong?
We look forward to seeing what you create! If you want to share on social media please use the hashtag #QuiltLikeABoss so that we can find your posts! Happy sewing!