Watercolour Image (C) Jennifer Edwards
I was very excited to find out yesterday that Erin from Taking Time to Create nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Erin does lots of card making and lots of other crafts. Oh, and her Strawberry Jam looks amazing. The Sunshine Award is given from bloggers to bloggers. It is for someone “who positively and creatively inspires others in the blogosphere.” Thank you Erin, what a lovely compliment!
Here’s how the award works:
First, use your lovely manners and thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
Next, answer the following questions about yourself.
Then, choose up to 10 of your favorite bloggers and link their blogs to your post. Be sure to let them know that you are nominating them for the award.
Last, be sure to copy and paste the award to your blog!
1. Favorite color – This is a really tricky one for me. Can I say rainbow? I guess that’s cheating. At the moment I’m loving green, but my go-to is probably pink. It’s such a happy colour.
2. Favorite animal – Rabbit. We had two gorgeous little bunnies many years ago and I still get excited like a little girl when I see one.
3. Favorite number – 7. Not sure why, but it always has been. I always thought odd numbers were much better than even ones. That’s a bit number-ist isn’t it?
4. Favorite Drink – A really dirty, Dirty Martini. Yum! I’m still on the hunt for the perfect olives so I can make these at home.
5. Facebook or Twitter – I’m only new to Twitter, so I guess Facebook. I find it pointless, but I still check it several times a day to see what everyone is up to. Ah, the lacklustre social life of a SAHM.
6. Good book or good movie – I love a good book, but I don’t find much time to read these days, so I guess a movie. I’m not into girly movies though, so it would have to be a comedy or an action flick.
8. Giving or getting gifts – I absolutely LOVE giving gifts. When I come up with an idea it keeps me awake all night! I love going to heaps of effort when I think of something perfect. I love making hampers and kits too. I like buying a heap of different things to put together into one fun gift!
7. My passion – Creating! It doesn’t matter if it’s cooking or crafting, I love creating things. I love thinking about the best way to go about it and then putting it all together. Convenient that I have a blog then, hey?
9. Favorite day – It has to be Saturday. I’m sure that’s a very common answer, but it’s the first day of the weekend and hubby is home so we can all hang out.
10. Favorite flower – I love Sunflowers. They’re so big and happy! I think it’s cool when they’re in the garden that they follow the sun too.
I thought I’d introduce you to some blogs that I love that you may not have come across.
1. Craftstorming I’ve been following Laura’s blog for ages and still can’t believe she’s only been sewing for one year. She is super creative and has two totally cute models to show off her work. She makes macarons too! Who could resist a quackeroon?
2. Bubala Jo’s blog is bad for my to-do list! I quickly decided to buy the Urban Hoodie pattern after seeing Jo’s rendition of the Urban. And these little caps she just posted are all kinds of cute!
3. Kitchen Historic The concept of Anje’s blog is unique! She posts a historic recipe, a modern version of it and what she and her hubby thought of it. I love to have a laugh at some of the old recipes. I love that Anje rates the recipes in her index too. Very helpful.
4. Sew Delicious Roslyn is a fellow Melbourne girl so I feel like I already know her even though we’ve never met. She has lots of great sewing projects and the odd recipe too. Her tips for making zips nice and neat on pouches are great!
5. Feelin’ Crafty I love Louise’s modern take on quilting. Her latest project, a sewing machine cover makes me smile just looking at it. I made a cover for my overlocker a while back, but I think it needs an upgrade.
6. Living a Little Greener makes me want to pack up everything and move to the country, grow all my own vegies and finally get some chooks!
7. Russian Mom Cooks – Anastasia has a heap of lovely recipes, not just Russian ones. This Raspberry Torte is my kinda cake!
8. Mend and Make New Jen does some great things with thrift store finds. Check out this cute girls tunic and this awesome hoodie!
9. Sew Together Here’s another Aussie blog. I was instantly drawn to Maryanne and Caroline’s blog. It’s nice and fresh looking and I know I would have made myself dizzy and sick if I had one of these skirts as a little girl.
10. Kapora’s Journey A great mix of recipes and mothering and lots of cute pics of her little boy! Her cheesy French Toast is amazing!
Thank you also to Jennifer Edwards for letting me use her beautiful watercolour that created when she received the award. If you wish to use the image, please contact Jennifer. Check out more of Jennifer’s amazing work here.