First up in the Hand Made Gift Guides is Edible Gifts. They say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach and I couldn’t agree more! I love giving home cooked treats as gifts. They are always well received and there are just so many options, sweet and savoury. Here are 20 of my favourites. There are ideas for boys and men and I hope these ideas inspire you to get cooking. If you’re after more inspiration, check out my Edible Gifts for Boys and Men Pinterest Board.
Got a recipe to share? Add it to the linky at the bottom of the post. I’ll feature my favourites later in the week.
Guys love getting at the BBQ, so some home made seasoning or spice rub is a great idea!
Fried Chicken Cookies
My hubby loves Fried Chicken and cookies, so these would be perfect! Pretty sure that little boys would get a kick out of these too.
A puzzle you can put together and then eat!
Lego Frozen Pudding Snacks
Guys never grow out of loving Lego. Hubby still buys it and loves making elaborate things when Roman isn’t around to ruin the fun.
I am dying to try this! I think it would be ah-mazing in a Bloody Mary or some kind of peanut butter Martini.
Cupcake Burgers and Cookie Fries
These are too cute! The link also has printables perfect for Father’s Day. I would love to make these for a party, I’m sure they’d go down a treat!
Chocolate Bourbon Banana Bread
Choc Banana bread is yum enough, but the addition of Bourbon takes it to a whole new level and makes this nice and blokey!
Peanut Butter Fudge
Because everyone loves peanut butter!
Beer Candied Bacon
Bacon as candy?! We all know that every guy loves bacon! And beer?! Cue the Homer Simpson drooling sound.
These no cook treats are perfect for getting the kids involved in the gift making. Leave out the rum and they’re one of Roman’s favourite treats!
These are such a cute idea for kids! As long as they’re old enough that they don’t then think ALL crayons are edible.
These would be great fun at a party for kids or adults.
I love the idea of home made Granola as a gift. The options for flavours are endless too!
These little sweet treats have always made me smile.
Cookies in a Jar
For guys that love to bake, cookie mix in a jar is the perfect gift! This recipe includes a printable card with the cooking directions on it.
Roasted Cinnamon Almonds
Toasted or candied nuts always make a great gift. They don’t last 5 minutes in our house!
Hot Chilli Sauce Lolly Pops
For guys that like it hot, these lollypops are just the thing!
Vegan Paleo Truffles
Got a guy with dietary restrictions? These truffles are just the thing!
Ice Cream Sundae Kit
This kit just screams fun! All the good bits to go with plain old ice cream.
I love this simple idea, just grab your boy’s favourite drink and chocolate bar and off you go!
And now it’s your turn! New to link parties? No worries, here’s what you have to do:
– Find a entry on your blog that you want to link up. It can be anything you think would make a great edible gift for boys or men.
– Link directly to the post, not your blogs home page. The link should look something like this: http://(your blog address/website)/(the post you want to link).html
– Then click below where it says “click here to enter” and follow the steps to link your post and create a title, and select your picture.
– Use the name of your recipe/idea for the title.
– Keep in mind the picture will be small thumbnail so pick a picture that shows it off the best.
– I would love it if you added my button to your page or post, or where ever you store your link ups. You don’t have to use the button to link up, it’s just there if you want it.