Finally, the list I think a lot of you have been waiting for… handmade gifts for men! I’ve had so much fun putting all these lists together, I’m a bit sad that this is the last one. Men can be tricky to buy for and even harder to make for. They are usually pretty happy to just cruise along with whatever they have, but I think it’s nice to be able to create something special for the important men in your life. You can’t hide behind frills and ruffles for men… just simple, beautiful gifts. I hope this list gets your creative thoughts going. I was going to write ‘juices’ but that word is so gross!
Leather Covered Journal
This journal looks so lovely. Who would realise that it’s just a standard book covered in a thin piece of leather?! I love the stamping too.
I’ve had a few goes at making soap and it’s a lot of fun. Apparently beer soap is really good for your skin, not that boys really care about that sort of thing!
This gift is simple and effective! I have done a similar one for my Grandfather in the past.
Herringbone Knit Scarf
If you’re keen to knit something, then I don’t think you can go past this beautiful scarf. The pattern is so simple, but I can look at it for ages.
This cuff is nice and simple, but still manly. I love that there is no sewing is involved too.
Toiletry Bag (Dopp Kit)
Men should have a nice bag for their shaving gear and toothbrush too!
Camera Strap Cover
This camera strap cover is perfect for the man that loves his DSLR! I love the little pocket for the lens cap.
I like these simple stamped hankies. They’d be a great grandpa gift!
Sugar Scrub for Grubby Hands
I’ve made this up for my brother before. He’s a mechanic so gets very dirty hands and said it worked a treat! I think it will be my ‘go to’ gift for him every year.
For the man that loves to cook, an apron is the perfect gift to give. Lacking the traditional ‘boobs’ of a BBQ apron, this is a lovely and sophisticated gift.
There’s something very cool about a real bow tie. I think it’s the fact you can undo it late into the night and it looks even cooler hanging around your neck.
Got a man that loves caps? This easy to make hat organiser will keep them neat and tidy and all in one place. The caps… not the men.
Rosemary Mint Shaving Cream
I bet this stuff smells amazing!
Can’t knit or don’t have the time? This sewn manly cowl is the solution for keeping your man’s neck warm this Winter!
Floppy Disk Notebook
If you still have any floppy disks hiding somewhere, these notebooks are a cute way to give them a new life and perfect for the techie guy.
My brother-in-law has one of these and it’s heaps of fun for weekend BBQ. You can get the hardware store to cut the lengths for you, so it’s virtually no effort at all.
A leather wallet is not as hard to make as you might imagine. This link has printable pattern pieces and comprehensive instructions.
Personalised Poker Chips
These would make a fun gift for anyone who loves to play cards.
Boxer short or PJ pants are a great standby gift for men, and sewing them yourself makes them that much more lovely!
– Find a post on your blog that you want to link up. It can be anything you think would make a great hand made gift for a man.
– Link directly to the post, not your blogs home page. The link should look something like this: http://(your blog address/website)/(the post you want to link).html
– Then click below where it says “click here to enter” and follow the steps to link your post and create a title, and select your picture.
– Use the name of your recipe/idea for the title.
– Keep in mind the picture will be small thumbnail so pick a picture that shows it off the best.
– I would love it if you added my button to your page or post, or where ever you store your link ups. You don’t have to use the button to link up, it’s just there if you want it.
– Take a look around at the other link ups and share some commenting love!
Got an idea for a hand made gift perfect for a man? Add it here